November 23, 2016

I always believed that I was in complete control of my life and that I could get pregnant whenever I planned to. I had never missed a period before, I was always regular, therefore I thought my body worked “perfectly”. The difficulty of getting pregnant never crossed my mind.


After a year of constantly trying to get pregnant, without any luck, my husband and I decided to go to a fertility doctor to see what was going on. They did all types of test on us and found out that one of my fallopian tubes was blocked. I was in shock, I’d never had a health issue before in my life!


I felt so depressed, it seemed like the universe was against me. And to make it even worst, I kept seeing more and more people around me getting pregnant all the time, I was so envious, to me it was like mission impossible. 


After many procedures, a few artificial inseminations and consultations with different doctors, I got my tube removed. The next step was In Vitro Fertilization.


I always thought that In Vitro Fertilization was a difficult and very aggressive procedure. But as I started, and got in to the treatment, I understood that it is as easy or as hard as you set your mind to be. 


For 2 weeks I would wake up every morning and Aaron, my husband, would inject me the necessary hormones since I was too scared to inject myself, even though the needles were quite small. Plus, it was a nice way of having him participate in the process and work together as a team to achieve our goal.


Once we finished the injections I went in for my egg retrieval procedure, which was the hardest part, a bit painful and gave me some cramps. The removal was a success, they were able to withdraw 7 eggs. I waited 3 days for the embryos to develop in order to get the transfer done. The doctor recommended the transfer of 2 embryos to increase the chances of success. That was by far the easiest but most important day of the whole process.


After the transfer, I had to get progesterone injections every morning for a month, and my husband took care of it. 10 days into the injection process we went out to diner and I started feeling a little nauseous, I did not know if it was real or if I was imagining things. The doctor advised me to wait 12 days before getting the blood pregnancy test, but since I have absolutely no patience, that night, I bought a home pregnancy test and did it. 


I was so nervous waiting for the results and my husband was so calm, he was sure that it was positive. After a few minutes I saw the stick and it was POSITIVE. 


There I was, pregnant for the first time in my life. It was unbelievable, we were so happy! 












Please reload

September 8, 2019

January 30, 2019

September 20, 2018

August 29, 2018

June 12, 2018

Please reload

© 2017 THREE UNDER 2